Wednesday 6 February 2013

Designing my own Magazine Review

Upon looking at a number of different magazine film reviews and deconstructing them, I have started to design my own. I have decided to do this in Adobe Photoshop as this is the program I feel most comfortable using. Below is a basic outline of what my review might look like, I have just chosen a random photo of the main actress, Steph, and haven't decided which shot to use yet. I have done an outline of the basic layout, I have yet to add the actual review into the shot as I am writing that in Word then transferring it over when I have decided upon the final layout. I am also going to add another photo but of the Barbie doll herself, I have yet to decide whether it will be a photo of her as the stereotypical Barbie or as she is at the end of the film as I do not want to give too much of the plot away in the images.


I have however, added some key facts about my short film in the top left such as the running time and who's starring in the film.
I started to play around with some other photos that I could add to the interview without giving too much of the plot away, I also started to add some of the actual review into the layout as well to see how much text I'd actually need to fill up the double page spread. I thought about adding the photo of Ken proposing to a pregnant Barbie. This does not give the twist ending of the plot away but it does show a interesting turn in events.


After messing around in Photoshop for a while trying to decide upon my layout for my review without writing all of it I then change it completely following actually writing my review. I wrote so much that I decided that I would in fact only have one image, one of Steph looking confused holding the two dolls. This is the final design that I decided upon.


As you can see I decided upon having a pink colour scheme to match the one of the film, with the original title and font across with the top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment