Saturday 26 January 2013

Narration for my Short Film

I decided upon narration for my short film as I didn't want to voice the Barbie and Ken dolls. As I've said before I wanted a Morgan Freeman type voice or James Earl Jones to narrate my film, but both of those actors were otherwise occupied when asked to participate. Instead I settled for my friend Lawrence to narrate, at first he tried to emulate Morgan Freeman, but that didn't go so well as he has a distinctive Norfolk twang in his voice! So instead I gave him the script and he read it normally. We did numerous takes at first trying to record it on my camera but that didn't pick up his voice too well, then we moved onto my laptop. I had recorded my voice on it before and it worked fine but when we tried to record Lawrence's it sounded muffled and we had to change our recording device once again. The third device we used was his laptop, but again it sounded muffled and almost robotic.

Lawrence playing with his Rubik's cube whilst I tried to sort out the technical difficulties
The fourth recording device we used was my phone, when we tested it, it sounded good. We then recorded the whole script but then when playing it back it had a strange buzz in the background! So we moved on to the FIFTH recording device!! We used Lawrence's iPod and miracle of miracles it worked!! After 3 hours, going on 4 we finally finished recording the narration for my film!

No comments:

Post a Comment